Thursday, October 14, 2021

Why Super Pets

 Some people have asked me why super school pets? Why not super students or teachers? I have had class pets for many of the years that I have been a teacher. Everyone loves a class turtle, fish, guinea pig or lizard. I worked at a school where pets were common and a lot of classrooms had them. It wasn't uncommon to see students taking a pet home for the weekend. One day a students asked, "What do you think the pets do when everyone goes home at night?" That was an amazing question and it sparked some ideas on what they actually do each evening. 

The idea turned into a writing assignment for the students and it was a hit. It was then and there that I decided that Super School Pets should be a book series. The first book introduces the characters and the school. The first adventure is fun, funny and has lots of twists and turns. The second books takes the pets into battle with a group of moles. They handle the situation but use kindness. What's next? You will soon find out. Who do you think the pets should meet next? Should they wear capes? 

Let me know in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Super Pets

 Some people have asked me why super school pets? Why not super students or teachers? I have had class pets for many of the years that I hav...